Okay, I've been slack this week...
I've modified and tweaked my pattern to suit what I had envisioned and the bodice has been cut out, but alas, I am yet to do any 'putting together' of said pattern. And I have no photos either (but on a side note: my gorgeous new camera lens arrived on Monday and I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces in Vancouver and at the Great Wall in China. Oh, did I not mention I was visiting the Great Wall on the way to Vancouver? Well, more news on that exciting development soon!! But, I digress...).
This week we were supposed to be talking about fitting the dress and I am so thankful I took heed of everyones advice, (including the girls doing the challenge) to make sure the neckline wasn't too plunging. I've also taken off the slight cap sleeve on the dress and made it a straight strap across the shoulder instead. And, Casey has a tutorial up on making a piped neckline and I'll admit, I'm tempted. However, I'm still to tackle my skirt pleats and feel that they will probably take up more time than I have at the moment.
For far more interesting posts this week on the sewing challenge, more than likely with actual pictures, make sure you check out the other girls!
Reana Louise http://
Next week we are all doing posts on any special techniques we've used in the dress including tutorials if you're interested. I'm going to talk about making pleats and I have it on good authority that there will be an inseam pocket tutorial and a self belt tutorial. But you'll have to wait to find out...