Yes. Finally. After years and years of dreaming about owning our own home, we gosh darn gone bought us a house!
- We move in next Friday (28th February).
- It's a 1940's three bedroom home with gorgeous ceilings.
- It comes with three chickens who give us three eggs a day (I'm going to be baking and eating omelettes like there's no tomorrow).
- I'll have my own, very first ever, dedicated sewing room/office.
- It has an established garden with 3 apple trees, 2 plum trees, 3 hazelnut trees, blackberries, black currents, red currents, raspberries, strawberries, alpine strawberries, blueberries, a huge vege patch, 2 glasshouses, a grape vine, rhubarb everywhere, 2 Feijoa trees, a fig tree, a cherry blossom, herbs...weeds. So many weeds.
- The garden isn't even really that big.
- There's a bit of work to do.
- I couldn't be happier!
David and I are going to be starting a blog following our renovation of the house. It's going to be a long process as we figure out just what exactly we want to do with it. But it's exciting. No more sewing in a room surrounded by unpacked boxes of our things from when we left Sydney.
I'll let you know when we've set up the blog if you want to follow along...