I’m done – what do you think?
Making the pant part of the pants was actually fine and I had no troubles at all but the high waist was incredibly difficult. I initially had designed the waist to be one band that went around and did up with a zip at the back, but I used the scraps of fabric from the bottom of the cut out pants to make the waist band and so didn’t quite have enough to cut it out in a curve, so I had to fit the waist band on Madeline. However, because I had designed the waist to fold over, I had to fit the inside and the outside. Suffice to say it was harder than I thought it would be and next time I really need to tweak my design.
I didn’t make them super high waisted and I think I might make the pant a bit looser up on the hips next time because I feel like they are a smidge too fitted for this look and for the weight of the denim.
Yes, that is pink Highlighter you can see - my fabric chalk is pretty darn average and I needed something to mark with that would stay!!
But other than that I think they look fine for my first ever pair of self designed and made pants!! Actually I lie, I made a pair of jeans in 5th form sewing – they were terrible.
The scarf is one from my massive vintage stash and here is a close up of the pattern – it’s really quite pretty.
This weekend is moving weekend too so I won’t be around to do any posts – I hope to be back up and running next week sometime!!