Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Springy Mc Spring-som...
Today is officially Spring and last night on the News it said to expect snow in the south…
I am somewhat back to normal with work and will have a shop update for you on Thursday with two new skirts and hopefully a few more to come next week. I am also going to do my first ever give away , so keep a look out.
It was an honour to learn last week that I was chosen as Vintage Queen number 34 on the Queens of Vintage list of top 100 queens. I was quite taken aback because I really wasn’t expecting it - I had been approached by them at the end of last year to be on the list and of course said yes, not thinking it would ever actually eventuate. There are so many beautiful vintage queens out there, so it is a huge honour to be a part of the list.
I need to say a big thanks to the lovely Sara who did a shout out on her blog featuring one of the skirts from my Etsy shop a few weeks ago and now I have the pleasure of passing on a few awards…
The first is from Eileen at the Shoe of Salvation – I have to give you 10 interesting facts about me so here they are (I think I may be repeating some of them from the last time I did one of these, but that was a long time ago!!).
1) I’ve never dyed my hair. Ever. I go through phases of really wanting a change, to then realizing I can’t be bothered with maintaining a fake colour and deciding that I really do like my hair colour. However, when I start to go grey I’m going to dye it a very vibrant red. But fingers crossed that’s not for a few years yet.
2) I have two tattoos, a belly button piercing, a nose piercing and two ear piercings in each ear. I’m deciding what I want my third tattoo to be and where I want it, decisions, decisions…
3) I have a Marketing degree
4) I used to live in Papua New Guinea when I was little, my Mum, sister and I moved back to New Zealand when I was 5 so I could start school here.
5) I am gluten free and have been for about 2 ½ years now – I plan to start writing more about my experiences with being gluten free and start sharing recipes soon too.
6) I just bought the cutest vintage bike ever!! Pictures to come soon.
7) I am blind and should wear glasses all the time – I don’t…
8) My favourite season is Autumn, but at the moment I am all for Spring and Summer. It has been quite the harsh winter down here this year.
9) I’m addicted to chocolate and sugar and am attempting to give it up (ha!) – they need to create chocolate patches for chocoholics just like they do for people trying to give up nicotine.
10) David and I won’t know what’s happening next year until the end of December when we find out about whether he has been given a scholarship. The adventurous person in me finds this thrilling, the events planner (aka small control freak) in me has turned her nose up at this and finds it very unamusing.
The second is the Awesome Girl Award from lovely Janetteria, if you haven’t checked out her
blog then you should head over there right now!!
And I know there was a third, but I can’t find it or remember who gave it to me! Eek. Sorry. Next time I’ll pass awards on straight away, I just tend to get lazy about doing them for some reason.
If you would like to do the 10 interesting facts meme, please do and let me know, I always like reading those, there are so many things you don’t know about people. And the second award I’d like to pass onto everyone in my blog roll and if you’re not on there and would like to be,
let me know!!.