This is probably one of my favourite vintage tops even though I haven’t worn it much (the weather hasn’t allowed it!!) paired with my grey skirt again.
A while ago I was tagged by Green Eden Vintage to write 6 things you probably didn’t know about me so here goes:
1) I lived in Rabaul in Papua New Guniea when I was little. I was a few weeks old when we moved and I was there until I was 5 when my sister, my mum and myself moved back to New Zealand so I could start school here. My dad stayed over there until 1994 when Mt Tavurvur erupted – it blanketed the city in meter deep ash and there was complete devastation. My dad has endless photos of it and of our house - the front porch had completely collapsed along with me and my sisters bedroom to the side of the house.
2) I do this thing where I insert the name of my cat Mocha into important words in songs and sayings – for example, if I were to sing “we wish you a merry christmas” I would say “we wish you a Mocha Christmas and a Biddy new year” (biddy is my nick name for her). David promptly pointed out that this doesn’t actually make any sense, but then does me inserting her name into songs actually make any sense?
3) I got my nose pierced because I have one of those terrible ski jump noses that I’ve hated my whole life and decided that if I got it pierced it would at least have something pretty on it!! I also have my belly button pierced, two piercings in each ear, two tattoos and I plan on getting two more!
4) I’m a closet Sci Fi Geek - I LOVE Battle Star Galactica. It was David who got me onto it, for his birthday (or anniversary or something) he asked me for season 2 of battlestar on dvd – I rolled my eyes and got it for him. We then went away to Central Otago for a week and it was snowing and cold and we didn’t have much to do so he asked if we could watch it, I rolled my eyes again and reluctantly said okay. After a bit of explaining (it was season 2 after all) I was hooked – its now into its last season but America does this silly thing where they stop for a break in the middle of seasons – WHY??? And its not even filmed in America, its made in Canada!!! So I have had to wait for 6 months for the second half of the last season to screen and hopefully its out in the new year. I also really really liked Fire Fly before they cancelled it before the end of the first season. Boo…
5) I’ve never dyed my hair. My mum would kill me for starters and everyone always tells me what a lovely colour it is. I’ve thought about dyeing it just for a change but then I don’t think I’d suit any other colour, plus, we natural red heads have to stick up for each other because we are slowly being deported from the gene pool – in a few years natural red heads won’t exist because red is a the recessive gene :(
6) I love old houses – especially Victorian ones, the bigger and more ornate the better. I don’t know what it is but I am drawn to them - I love the history behind them, and I’m really lucky to live in Dunedin where there are masses of them.
If you haven’t done one of these then please do, let me know if you have so I can check them out :)
Oxfam lives here – please visit them for all your Christmassy needs…
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Rainy and bleh...
Sorry for my lack of blogging yesterday – I was sick, in fact I was sick most of the weekend and I blame the pastries (although it was entirely my fault!!).