The weather has taken a sharp turn from the 29 degrees we had on Saturday to the cold and rainy day that is today.
None of my outfit except the scarf falls into the secondhand/thrifted/vintage/self made category which is a hard thing for me considering most of my wardrobe is made up of those things now. The blazer is one I got on Friday because it was on major sale from Jeans West – David went in to get some new jeans so I browsed the sale rack (as you do) and came out with this blazer - the only one left and in my size and a cardi which I didn’t end up buying.
Everything else you’ve seen before except the scarf which is one from my major stash of vintage scarves I got a while ago :)
I tried making my hair ‘big’ up the top but because it is of the extremely fine variety it really doesn’t look that big at all, it actually looks quite flat which is a bit disappointing. I think I need more hair spray and thicker hair to work with!!
I’ve also given myself a challenge, I’m making high waisted pants! Yup, I’m designing them myself and then making them. Yesterday I trucked out to spotlight, got some dark, not too heavy denim and proceeded to start making them. Am I a bit crazy? I think so, but I can be quite the eternal optimist at times and this just happens to be one of those times :) I am documenting the process and hopefully if I don’t end up with a camel toe (for lack of a better word!) I’ll be posting them up as soon as they are done. I’m not entirely sure if I’ll suit them either so, I’m taking a gamble but it’s a learning curve so if these don’t work out then I can just alter my pattern and design a bit to make them work for me.
So wish me luck :)
I also have three blog awards that I’ve been given that I need to pass on, recently I've been drawn to other blogs who either fit in with the 1940's-1950's aesthetic or who are creative and make/design/redesign their own clothes, crafts, food (basically anything creative). I love creative people, and those who can transfer an idea into a reality is most definitely a gift I find inspiring and one that makes me want to better myself in those areas.
The first two are from the lovely Seeker who awarded me with the Premio Dardos award, which "is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing."
And in Portuguese reads "O conceito deste prémio passa por reconhecer valores culturais, éticos, literários e pessoais, transmitidos de forma criativa e original nos pedacinhos rabiscados por cada blogueiro que o receba."
I would like to pass this award on to:
Vegan and Vintage – she has already been given this award but you can never have too many can you? She’s absolutely gorgeous and you should check her out!!
The second award from The Seeker is the blog love award.
Which I would like to pass on to the following:
Lavender and Yolk – she’s very cute and I love her sense of style
The third award is from the lovely Jen (yay, another Jen) at The Fabled Needle, it is the Kreativ Blogger award and the rules for this particular one are:
- List six things that make you happy
- Pass the award on to more Kreativ bloggers
- Link back to the person who gave you the award
- Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.
So, six things that make me happy are:
- I have a small obsession for old Victorian houses, they can be villas or huge mansions but I love them anyway. I’m not sure what it is about them, they are beautiful, a bit spooky and they seem to have a presence and a history behind them. I’m lucky to live in a place that has millions of them too and David’s dad lives in quite a large one with a tower!! A TOWER!!
- Long lazy drives. I like knowing I’m moving, doesn’t matter where I’m going, it sort of lulls and calms me for some reason. But I shouldn’t be trusted to drive if we are going somewhere new, my obsession for looking at houses means I’m constantly looking to either side of me rather than in front of me. David did grab the wheel once when I was looking where I shouldn’t be and I veered off slightly. That makes me sound like I’m a bad driver, and I’m not, I just get distracted easily (so maybe I am a bad driver???).
- Sunshine, but that makes everyone happy!!
- Kitty cats, but don’t get me started. I’m one of those high pitched people when I see a cat - that’s all you need to know.
- Getting up early on the weekends. Yes, strange, I do love a good sleep in but I also love getting up early, it makes me feel like I can accomplish something because I have the whole day to do it.
- Designing and making my own clothes – I feel productive and creative and its so nice when someone asks me where I got something and I can reply “I made it!”.
I would like to pass it on to:
1) My 50’s year – this is a great blog and you should check it out, it’s such a great experiment and I love reading what she’s up to everyday!
2) Loz and Dinny – just found them and they are awesome!!
3) Bird Bath – lots of fun creative things going on here, let me tell you!!!
So, that’s it, a long Monday post
Have a great week,