Yay, I've just completed my 1940's style halter neck out of some of the fabric I thrifted on the weekend. I'm really pleased with the result considering I had a few teething problems. As with the skirt I didn't use a pattern but I did document (most) of the making, of which I'll do a post about soon. I did pair it with the skirt (I know - enough with the skirt already!!!) because I liked the high waist with the top but the colours aren't exactly amazing so apologies. I didn't even own a red belt to match the shoes, oops!! I also tried to go somewhat 1940's with the hair - what do you think?
I'm going to make another very similar skirt out of yet some more of the thrifted fabric from the weekend, a creamy coloured one. I'd like to thank those for the tips on sewing the hem - you know I didnt even really notice it until it was pointed out, the tension was far to tight for the hem so i'll try hand stitching the next one.
I'm terribly sorry about not being specific about the vintage goodies package that arrived yesterday - it isn't a secret at all!! I actually paid all of about $3 plus postage from Trade me, I bid on the contents not being actually sure of what was in it, the photo was just a big pile of clothes but there were a few shirts i could make out that I wanted. I figured that $3 was totally fine to pay for 2 shirts and I could biff the rest if I didn't like it. Turns out it was a treasure trove of goodies!! And all New Zealand made vintage as well which makes for a huge bonus!!
Also, please ignore that terrible patch on my leg, I tried to hide it as much as I could - my mole is officially MIA as of this morning, stitches out next friday. The worst part was the numbing injection and as the Dr was sewing my leg up all i could think of was sewing fabric and how it must be much the same - the pulling, the tugging etc. My Dr was saying she does embroidery in her spare time and that it was much the same - well it makes it much easier, we were wondering how male doctors get along with this sort of thing.